2 Shagreen knife and chopstick eating sets

HI All, 

I have potential  option on these 2 eating sets.

Only pics I have at the moment, can anyone give me any idea if there is anything here worth offering money on , I like them for some reason and I think they would look good with some of my display.

Can these  blades be cleaned with fine sand paper or are they to be treated in the same way as swords, as in never clean yourself.

How much I pay is my issue I suppose  but 100 euro for both was what I was happy to throw into the gamble am I  being cheap or to generous.

Regards to all, 

Ken  

cut 2.JPG

cut.JPG

• Like 1

Dear Ken.

These are not in any way Japanese but Chinese.  If you look up Chinese trousse you will find quite a bit of information on them, have a look at https://www.mandarinmansion.com/item/fine-chinese-trousse-set  in particular.

At 100euros for the pair I would think you were on the safe side.  Many years ago I succumbed and picked up this one.

2040099762_Trousse(2).thumb.jpg.4b4a0b6834ea76883b738a4be2a8c1e6.jpg

All the best.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..