Bizen Norimitsu, Eikyo era

Stephen

Niji mei Norimitsu 

64 cm.

Polished by Woddy Hall.

Saya by John T. In stone finish.

Tsuka with crain f/k wich have hozon paper.

Tadpole menuki, frog in the reeds tsuba, lined up the fuchi crain is about to feast on frog.

Remarkably good shape for being close to 600yer old. No chips or kizu, boshi in tact.

May be a pit are two but nothing distracting.

Was slated for shinsa that did not happen.

Price reflection do to lack of papers. 

This restoration was the labor of love through some trials and tribulations with the tsuka in Japan being wrapped.

Time in money wont be recoped. Sorry im going to be very selective on who I approve to purchase.

If I haven't known you for years on the board you must have a reference from someone in the Nihonto community, trust me they must carry some weight.

$4200 shipped

to my mates across the pond i cant offer a refund policy. I hope you understand.

State side im offering a three day grace.

Must have back in hand same as i sent to be refunded minus shipping cost.

Many pic to come please give me some time before posting.

IMG_20210903_125622749.jpg

IMG_20210903_125640956.jpg

20170925_105043~3.jpg

• Like 7

Well just a beautiful sword.. The more I hear the less inclined I am to buy something expensive expensive on good old eBay and I'm really looking for something worthy of having and studying. Don't really have any references save having been on the forum for some time period let me know if I passed the smell test for purchase

• Like 1

To all perspective buyers, the only way ill ship is USPS reserved which may take a few extra day do to it being locked up at each stop. Fully insured.

If you do decide to return it must be returned in the same fashion. If not and i find it on door step ther will be a penalty. Red card outed...lol

Stephen… not sure if I’m glad or sad you didn’t post this around tax refund time.  Ok… sad.  Other than buying the moon/goose tanto tsuba from you, not sure I can make the cut. :) Does being a retired E-9 (albeit Air Force) help?:thumbsup:  

Anyway, I’ll be sad when someone else gets this but it really needs a good home.  Hope this is a case when it is just time for blade to move on and no other circumstances require it’s sale.  Good luck with this one.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BjornLundin said:

Been very tempting to ask for the possibility to purchase this. I really like the tsuba, menuki and fk set, reminds me of a Japanese pond. 

I feel the same.

It definitely has a story that is balanced and naturesque which is very classy.

• Like 2

Writing this essentially as a review of sorts if anyone in the future plans to purchase something from this gentleman. I have purchased lots of things over the years from lots of people and I don't believe I have ever met anyone with more integrity and Passion about this art. If I had the money I would buy any single thing he puts up to sell. Beyond impressed with the human in a world where humans become less and less impressive all the time

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Honestly I am in no way concerned fella. I have been surprised several times before but would be shocked beyond belief it wasn't more than expected.  Seldom do people impress me these days. It has been a pleasure

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..