Polisher recommendations

My apologies, I should admit I am unsure if Mr. Benson completed a full course of study but regardless I have been told by American collectors far more learned than me that he’s very well regarded and fully qualified to polish swords.

Equally important is that I have found him to be friendly and willing to take time to answer questions from a relative neophyte like me, even if he is busy. I think his willingness to help and answer questions about which blades are worth or need a polish, and which don’t is very helpful to newer people like me.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 6:39 PM, AntiquarianCat said:

Equally important is that I have found him to be friendly and willing to take time to answer questions from a relative neophyte like me, even if he is busy. I think his willingness to help and answer questions about which blades are worth or need a polish, and which don’t is very helpful to newer people like me.

Bob is a kind-big-hearted person who is very dedicated to nihonto with a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience. He has helped me many times over the years as well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 2:31 PM, Franco D said:

There are only two polishers in North America to my knowledge that have served full apprenticeships in Japan, Shigekazu 'Jimmy' Hayashi of San Francisco, and Takeo Seki in BC Canada. Both of whom I highly recommend from personal experience.  

would it be possible to get any sort of contact information for Takeo Seki?

many thanks, regards.

1 hour ago, silentrunning said:

would it be possible to get any sort of contact information for Takeo Seki?

many thanks, regards.

The last contact number I have for Takeo Seki is (edited by admin....I think it's best to share this via pm)

Regards, 

Franco

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..