Some tanto inscriptions

Dave-V

My father-in-law had a knife collection including a few tanto; I was hoping someone could help with these inscriptions.   The pair of knives are in the box whose picture is included; the one knife and inscribed scabbard has the Tokyo registration paper attached as well.  

I am assuming from the date on the registration paper that my father-in-law acquired these in the mid-1950s, but I have no details as to their origins.  Thank you in advance for any ideas or pointers.  

IMG_8212.JPG

IMG_8202.JPG

IMG_8192.JPG

IMG_7590.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG

IMG_7570.JPG

The first one is a tanto. The shirasaya says Masahide. The others are kitchen knives. Masahide was a good smith whose work was faked often. Even if we see the tang and it says Masahide we cannot confirm if the signature is good (shoshin) or fake (Gimei). It looks like the blade needs a polish. 

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..