Translation Help on Sayagaki please

Hi,

This sayagaki was written by Japanese martial artist  Nakayama Hakudo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakayama_Hakudō

#1 pic:
XXXX藤吉君 祝再渡米 贈 (present to Mr,????Tokichi,celebrate visit to America again.)

#2 pic:
昭和六年XX吉祥日 A lukey day the 6th year of Showa period(1931).

#3 pic:
有信博道識ス
(Yushin Hakudo shirusu) 
wrote by Yushin Hakudo.(Nakayama Hakudo)

• Like 12

I could not reply any earlier since I had been on vacation.

Dear Morita San. thank you very much for your kind help. I greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

I am very happy to see that the Sayagaki has some nice history to add to the blade. The blade itself is a Shinshinto Katana by a good but not importnat maker and has unfortunately not been well cared for hence being in need of a full polish. I will be share some pics when I have the blade in hands or have it back from polishing. The Shirasaya will also need to see some work as I plan on keeping it. Somebody had mounted a Tsuba on it.

Thank you very much again for this great translation.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 11:45 AM, NihontoCollector said:

I could not reply any earlier since I had been on vacation.

Dear Morita San. thank you very much for your kind help. I greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

I am very happy to see that the Sayagaki has some nice history to add to the blade. The blade itself is a Shinshinto Katana by a good but not importnat maker and has unfortunately not been well cared for hence being in need of a full polish. I will be share some pics when I have the blade in hands or have it back from polishing. The Shirasaya will also need to see some work as I plan on keeping it. Somebody had mounted a Tsuba on it.

Thank you very much again for this great translation.

Hello Luis,

any plan to sell it without polish (as I am looking for a "cheap" blade)? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a short update:

I have received the blade meanwhile.

As I said before it is in a rough state with pitting but healthy otherwise. Hamon is very nice.

I sent it off for polishing and Shirasaya restoration. The Shirasaya has been split since it was coming apart anyways and will be cleaned and properly reglued so the blade can be kept in it. Unofrtunately it has been refitted with a non matching Tsuka but taht is still better than if the Saya with the Sayagaki had been lost / replaced.

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..