Starting a new age yet traditional painting of Japanese Koi

Sunny

53 minutes ago, Brian said:

Why wouldn't it be allowed. It is beautiful! Wow. Please tell us more?

Thanks Brian

I seen it was pottery and a few other things were topics so I didn't want to show the whole thing if I was told to take it down.

Well I wanted to start to do some traditional Japanese art and paintings so I thought I would warm up with something contemporary so it would be interesting and a fresh take but yet still hold some traditional values with the style the koi are painted with.

I chose the red paper and then wanted the red spots to have breaks.

This will show more with the other fish with the overlapping and body lining of their fins.

I also wanted them to look a bit ghostly yet hollow yet living at the same time.

I guess the concept would be the timeless life of traditional Japanese art.

The koi are continuously flowing yet in stillness in an endless void of our own imagination. 

• Like 1

I forgot to mention it is non toxic acrylic on red construction poster paper and most likely will be for sale with a small part of the money being donated to charity.

If someone from the message board is interested making an offer to buy it and that is allowed some of the money will be donated to the house.

The price will be more than fair.

It should be finished by the end of the week.

Thank you again Brian for the chance to show my art on here.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..