help with sword identification!!!

need everyone's help!
is this murasama's sword? let me know your thoughts!

Would be very grateful for your comments!
a friend bought it and was told by the seller it was muramasa!
 Is this right?
I don't know Japanese to be able to read newspapers and I was thinking of you guys!

IMG_20210815_195314.jpg

IMG_20210815_195308.jpg

IMG_20210815_195310.jpg

IMG_20210815_195312.jpg

IMG_20210815_195315.jpg

2 hours ago, PNSSHOGUN said:

Those older green papers are considered worthless for such a high end smith. If you search the forum you will find alot of information on the topic of old NBTHK green papers.

Is 10k $ bucks possible with a murasama sword? he said it cost 10k $ and i doubt it 😅😅😅

The paper doesn’t say it’s Muramasa: it says “den Muramasa”. So of that school or tradition but it doesn’t fit with the work of the man himself.

And it’s a green paper so what John said above. 

And it’s way underpriced so not likely to be the real deal. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Shugyosha said:

The paper doesn’t say it’s Muramasa: it says “den Muramasa”. So of that school or tradition but it doesn’t fit with the work of the man himself.

And it’s a green paper so what John said above. 

And it’s way underpriced so not likely to be the real deal. 

Thank you so much for this useful information 🙏🙏🙏

I wonder if it would be too strong to say no new papers for a supposedly famous sword is a major red flag:

If the seller had a Muramasa long sword, then surely he would invest a little bit and get it papered so he could sell it for quite a bit more, not leave it with poorly regarded old papers and sell for less. The fact he isn’t able to do the far more profitable route might mean he can’t (as in it wouldn’t paper to Muramasa).

• Thanks 1

This would be unlikely to paper to den Muramasa today. The kitae does not seem Muramasa or even Sengo school. 

i cannot be fully certain but the photos remind me of the dealer Touken Komachi, which in the past did have several Muramasa (and in fact the two I owned came from them). 

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..