Resumption of meetings - Northern ToKen Society, UK

As the covid pandemic is beginning to wane in severity here in the UK, the possibility of resuming more normal activities safely is now becoming a possibility.  Existing members of the Northern ToKen Society UK have been contacted about the resumption of meetings; specifically of meeting in October. So far sufficient members have replied in the affirmative to make such a meeting viable. As a result there will be meeting at 7.00pm for 7.30pm at the Britannia Airport Hotel, Manchester, just off the M22 motorway on the 12th of October. Should anyone else be interested in joining us, they would be more than welcome to come along and meet the existing members. Full details of our meetings are on our website  - The Northern ToKen Society.

Ian Bottomley..     

Further to the above announcement, I regret to say that illnesses, and the difficulty of driving on motorways at night, have become unsurmountable problems for some of our former members. As a result the prospect and hope of re-starting the Northern ToKen Society, as stated in the above post, has been premature. The few who have indicated a positive interest in its resumption are too few to make it a viable proposition. It is with the deepest regret that I have to report that after some 50 plus years of its existence, the Society will be forced to wind down and cease to meet. I would like to offer my sincere thanks all those members who have attended and supported the Society in the past for their friendship and the generosity with which they have shared their knowledge.

Thank you all and my very best wishes for the future.

Ian Bottomley

• Sad 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..