EMURA in GUNTO MOUNTS

IJASWORDS

In my opinion, an EMURA sword is a must for any GENDAI collection. And I offer a nice early example of his work, with NO stamps and no date. It is nicely signed EMURA SAKU, and has black painted assembly numbers on the other. His file pattern is of course on the nakago. 

The early green saya and fittings are all there, all tight, and the spring clip works perfectly. Being early war, the outfit shows the patina of taken to war military use. This did not sit in some officers office, as evidenced by wear marks from his sword hanger. 

The great blade is the feature of this sword. Nicely signed, no rust, no pits, no chips and is in good original war time polish. 

The HAMON is not your run of the mill featureless straight temper line, but even through the war time polish shows a nice GUNOME hamon. This would be a  candidate for a polish and paper. 

At AUD2900, (thats under EURO 2K, and around USD 2.2K) including EXPRESS shipping anywhere, is well priced for the seasoned collector, or a collector starting out that wants to skip the cheap rubbish, and start with a sword that is good quality by a well known sword smith. Offers by personal message please.    

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

a12.jpg

a13.jpg

a14.jpg

a15.jpg

a16.jpg

a17.jpg

a18.jpg

11 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

Reminds me of an Emura I saw in an antique shop in Narita that got away before I could save up enough to buy it.  Sigh.

I know someone who wants to sell me one with a better hamon than this in the rare red tsuka wrap with original red tassel for about the same price as this one.

DM if you want to know more details

Archived