Sayagaki Tanobe-san struggle

JAL

Dear all,

The setsu-mei and juyo paper translation are doable but sayagaki is still a problem for me. This is a 60th juyo session yamato Taima Den Cho Aritoshi o-suriage mumei sword Kenmu era. This is as far as I got with the Tanobe -san sayagaki translation but I might not be correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ‘’Washu (Yamato Cho Aritoshi. This sword is Osuriage Mumei. This sword smith was Taima school’s student, he was a sword smith in the Kenmu era. Hamon is Suguha and Syogunome with deep and thick Nie. Also, Hamon has many Niju-ha
and Yubashiri. This sword has a lot of characteristics of Aritoshi and is excellent.”

Best regards,

John

07057503-C171-4D32-9EAC-17029C139EB1.jpeg

D46149FE-05FF-4EEE-8414-CA242AAA87E7.jpeg

16B1CD2C-E6A9-4B5B-B1D2-AB52D7DC75DC.jpeg

Thank you Steve,

yess, the length I believe is 2 shaku, 2 sun, 2 bu about 67.3 cm. I am always struggling with the description of the year, but based on your transcription this should be the year of the rooster,, so 2017 which makes sense because the juyo paper is end 2016.

best regards,

John

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..