FS: Ishido Teruhide Gendaito With Dr Kanzan Sayagaki

ginzotanto

Hi Everyone!

I have a nice example of a superbly crafted gendaito by the smith who goes by the name of Ishido Teruhide.

He also uses the mei Ishido Mitsunobu and is a descendant (10th generation and last) of the famous Ishido korekazu lineage.

This piece has a sayagaki done by Dr Kanzan.

"鞘書 : 石堂輝秀作 刃長貳尺貳寸壹分有之 昭和癸丑年初春吉日 寒山誌(花押)" At early spring of Shôwa 48(1973), Dr. SATÔ Kanzan had appreciated this sword.

Details about this sword,

Nagasa 67cm

Sori 0.9cm

Motohaba 3.31cm

Sakihaba 2.23cm

Motokasane 0.64cm

Sakikasane 0.45cm

One Mekugi-ana

Blade Weight about 800g 

Ko-kissaki

Gunome Choji Midare Hamon

Nioi deki with Ashi

Jigane is Ko-mokume hada, rich with jinie

Ubu nakago with strong ubu-ba remaining. Likely to be unpolished from its first polish.

A fresh polish by a good polisher will definitely do this sword justice. However, due to the lack of budget I wasn't able to when I first acquire this from Japan.

Teruhide-1.thumb.jpg.e8ea30459ded405fb348ea237b8defc2.jpg

Ishido Teruhide was known for his incredible sharpness for his woodworking tools (planes), thus it is likely that his swords possess the same level of craftmanship and quality.

Do PM me for more details if needed. More photos to be uploaded. Apologies as I need to compress some of them to meet the requirements.

This sword is for sale @ US$5,000 shipped. Note that due to the laws in my country, I'm not able to do any returns. Please make sure you're aware of this before committing with payment.

Regards,

Benjamin

Teruhide 3.jpg

Archived