Waki Last purchase

Ciro

Hello Guys,

just wanted to show my last purchase and ask if you could help me with more info.

I am still at the beginning and my research the books I have did not really help me a lot.

So my questions is if it is possible to say something about the period and school of this blade.

I would really appreciate your help.

Unfortunately I don't get it how to load more pictures.

fullsizeoutput_21f2.heic

Ciro the blade looks really nice to me. 

The nakago however looks 'odd' even a bit new?  Looks quite solid with quite pronounce 'clean' edges (like a piece of bar steel) the nakago-jiri also looks wide, cleanly cut and angular. 

The mekugi holes appear largish and clean.

Dont wish to be negative and you should not read too much into my observations because I dont have the experience other members.

Did anyone else notice these things or are they quite normal?

Rob

Dear Rob.

The blade is o suriage so the nakago you see now is a part of what was originally the blade itself, hence the rather smooth surface and the clean cut nakago jiri.  New mekugi ana are drilled and the surface looks quite different as you observed.

All the best.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..