A Friends Collection: Part V

Promo

This one is a very interesting blade to look at in person. It has a hamon which appeared flamboyant to my amateur eye. This was tough to picture using a mobile phone on a table only having the light through the windows, but I hope it is at least a bit visible in the pictures. This one was extremely heavy to handle, especially in comparison to the others. I really liked this one a lot. There is one bad though, the top mekugi ana seems to be drilled and I thought it was made to make it fit to the koshirae.

blade5_01.jpg

blade5_02.jpg

blade5_03.jpg

blade5_04.jpg

blade5_05.jpg

blade5_06.jpg

blade5_07.jpg

blade5_08.jpg

Hi Georg.

Well the blade is signed Kiyonobu, again quite a pleasant koshirae.  I don't think this is katana length, is it?  Might be worth looking up Mino Kiyonobu, from memory he sometimes does a hamon that looks like what we can see of this one.

All the best.

Thanks for sharing these.  Georg, your friend has some nice blades, all but one of which are hand made true samurai swords it appears.  I agree with Geraint's quick, but clear comments.  I gather you are surprised by the few responses.  I suppose that you are spoiled by having the first sword you post on NMB turning out to be a "sleeper" Kiyomaro.  That certainly gets our attention and excitement!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..