Tessen 5 seals that needs translation

Thomas

I have a Tessen with 5 seals that I cannot translate. I would be grateful if someone can help me out with these translations,  as all my efforts to translate the seals has been unpaid. 

( The topic on the Tessen is quite interesting one side pictures Kusunoki Masashige and the other side a story about loyalty . The Kusonoki side have two signatures Fujimoto Tesseki and Kumoi Tatsuo the other side Sakuma Shozan and Kumoi Tatsuo 

All three persons took different sides in the Bakumatsu Era when loyalty was either to the Shogunate pr the Emperor side. Very generally explained.) 

Sakuma Shozan  killed 1864 by Sonno Joi 

Kumoi Tatsu beheaded 1870

Fujimoto Tesseki killed 1863 in Kishu by Tenryo 

Tessen made by Myoshin Ki Shigesada ( don´t know what year he lived )

I will include 5 photos in seperate topics 1-5

I cannot directly answer you question. But I think that the signatures are questionable.

The signature on the painting side means that Fujimoto Tesseki painted it for Master Kumoi Tatsuo.

However, Kumoi Tatsuo was 28 years younger than Fujimoto Tesseki. And even when Fujimoto Tesseki died in 1863, Kumoi Tatsuo was only 19 years old.

The signature on the other side means that Sakuma Shozan wrote the writing (originally made by Zhu Zhiyu in 1670) for Mr. Kumoi Tatsuo.

However, Kumoi Tatsuo was 33 years younger than Sakuma Shozan. And when Sakuma Shozan died in 1864, Kumoi Tatsuo was 20 years old.

Kumoi Tatsuo’s real name was Kojima Moriyoshi, and he used the name Kumoi Tatsuo after around 1968, when Fujimoto Tesseki and Sakuma Shozan were both dead.

4 hours ago, Nobody said:

I cannot directly answer you question. But I think that the signatures are questionable.

The signature on the painting side means that Fujimoto Tesseki painted it for Master Kumoi Tatsuo.

However, Kumoi Tatsuo was 28 years younger than Fujimoto Tesseki. And even when Fujimoto Tesseki died in 1863, Kumoi Tatsuo was only 19 years old.

The signature on the other side means that Sakuma Shozan wrote the writing (originally made by Zhu Zhiyu in 1670) for Mr. Kumoi Tatsuo.

However, Kumoi Tatsuo was 33 years younger than Sakuma Shozan. And when Sakuma Shozan died in 1864, Kumoi Tatsuo was 20 years old.

Kumoi Tatsuo’s real name was Kojima Moriyoshi, and he used the name Kumoi Tatsuo after around 1968, when Fujimoto Tesseki and Sakuma Shozan were both dead.

Thanks very much for this helpful information Tom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..