"Markus Sesko's Book"

Just saw this in another post today. Markus is a prolific writer with a bunch of books, so which one is "THE BOOK" that everyone references? :)

I'm assuming Genalogies and Schools, but want to double check.

Also, anyone care to comment on the more in depth "Swordsmiths of Japan X-X" books?

Lastly, for Markus's E-Books, anyone with apple products, how do I go about getting that on my iPad. Haven't done this before, I always just buy stuff via Amazon and read on Kindle app...

TIA!

Personally I am a bit of a book hoarder so have many of his titles - the book I refer to most often is the two volume Kantei book - in hardback

I have his "Meikan", all three, on my iPad which helps identifying makers when I am "In the field" or at sword club meetings. It is easy to do - add to your library, add to books and your purchases are always there if you get a new device and need to reload them...

-tch

• Like 2

I have all of Markus' books loaded onto my Samsung Android tablet in PDF format. It's like carrying an entire library!

I reference them so often, that I can't figure out which would be "the book." Sorry, Jason, but any of Sesko's books will be a worthy investment in your knowledgebase.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:30 PM, b.hennick said:

Markus has a good sale once or twice a year 

Easter and (guessing) Christmas. Easter I know for sure because that happened to be one of those small windows of time where I had spending money:)

11 hours ago, Ken-Hawaii said:

I have all of Markus' books loaded onto my Samsung Android tablet in PDF format. It's like carrying an entire library!

I reference them so often, that I can't figure out which would be "the book." Sorry, Jason, but any of Sesko's books will be a worthy investment in your knowledgebase.

Thanks Ken. I plan on picking up quite a few as I progress. Will be waiting for that sale as it will hit perfectly with when my Nihonto budget replenishes, lol. Regarding the Swordsmiths of Japan X-X as those are apparently only available in hardcover...do these go on sale as well?

1 hour ago, Ken-Hawaii said:

You may be getting your wires crossed. Markus publishes both "Swordsmiths of Japan" & "Index of Japanese Swordsmiths" as PDF files.

Hmmm...I must be. I don't see any of the "Swordsmiths of Japan" listed as anything but hard covers in LuLu. Books on Demand link isn't working and they don't come up in Amazon. Or does he only do this at certain times? Appreciate any direction if I'm missing something here.

Lulu.com probably cr eates PDFs based on orders, so it's not surprising that not everything is available at once. I do my best to only order electronic files, these days, so I suggest being patient, as it's unlikely any of his books will be "out of print."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..