Parade sword

brucer

I know this is not a valuable sword, but it’s still a piece of history and I like it and it was cheap. It’s an army parade sword and if anyone has the time, I’d like to know what the markings say. They appear to both be the same on the tang and the guard. I’m hoping it’s a Manufacturing date. Thanks.

6EEF24A0-4D6F-4A7D-98EB-7300D2D82CCC.jpeg

E2C44DA9-B68D-4679-84F5-B0F4C90F8378.jpeg

622714E2-CF2A-4EE7-8860-51A4A4DEEF78.jpeg

0C9E61D3-FDC3-4740-803A-9E4264BE17BA.jpeg

Bruce,

Bruce here, Ha!  That always feels a little strange!  Can you show some pictures of the backstrap and side "ears".  The floral arangement shown is a "Sonin" level of possibly a Colonial Sword.

Hopefully the experts will help with the kanji.  To my inexperienced eye, they look like roughly cut katakana:

Fu  フ

Ni  ニ

Wo ヲ

Ka  カ

If correct, I don't know what that would signify. 

13 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

Bruce,

Bruce here, Ha!  That always feels a little strange!  Can you show some pictures of the backstrap and side "ears".  The floral arangement shown is a "Sonin" level of possibly a Colonial Sword.

Hopefully the experts will help with the kanji.  To my inexperienced eye, they look like roughly cut katakana:

Fu  フ

Ni  ニ

Wo ヲ

Ka  カ

If correct, I don't know what that would signify. 

I'm at work right now but I'll get more pics when I get home. Can you scroll my past posts ? There's a drawing I posted . I haven't figured out how to do a PM yet.

4 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

Found THIS ONE but it's a Type 98 drawing.

Yes, I was wondering if you knew anything about the cords and tassels, I figured it might be the tell all with the thing. One cord and tassel was bright orange, the other was royal purple and they were fastened under the handle wrapping somehow. Anyway, here’s more pix of the parade sword, I hope they show what you wanted to see.  There are no navy or police markings.

19E9AB1E-9763-48A7-A0D2-9406B322FA3B.jpeg

00B9336A-AC16-4D89-BDA8-4D21B6C1D5BA.jpeg

1AE2816B-0D85-45BD-A505-3919F10923DE.jpeg

3 hours ago, lonely panet said:

the sword it self is a early 1883 officers sword with the "eleven leafs"

i say its early because of the corrigated fuchi. something normally assocated with pre 1883 model dress swords.

PS stop polishing it

Thanks for the ID !  It’s hard to find any info on the European style swords, I only have this one book.

D63993A3-1B26-43B7-B889-76B7EB053406.jpeg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..