Enomoto Sadahito Ken for sale

bmccoy

Unfortunately I have to sell my Ken made by Enomoto Sadahito to help fund a new purchase.  This Ken was made 2001,  the blade is 13.750” long, the nakago is 5”, The habaki is solid silver, the blade is in shirasaya and the orientations is marked by horn pieces (dots), original Japanese polish and shirasaya.  The hada is tight Nagare-Itame, a Notare hamon in deep Nioi-deki, lots of Jinie and several islands of nie on the ridgeline (request larger resolution photos),  The blade has no flaws, its signed " Izu ju Sadahito Tsukuru", dated  13'th year of Heisei (2001),  A good day of spring.   I am including the full blade oshigata that a friend made for me in the past.   

If you are unfamiliar with Sadahito there are many psots of him on this site and there is a write-up in the book titled "The New Generation of Japanese Swordsmiths" starting on page 155 with blade photos on page 159.   This is the only Ken I have seen made by Sadahito, I have seen several of his tanto in the past.  As many of you know photographing a Ken can be a nightmare.  I will upload smaller photos here, but I have full resolution available to anyone who would like to see them, just contact me.  The larger, zoomed in,  photos show all the Jinie and hada, I have darkened some of the images to highlight these areas.  The price is $4,000.

Enamoto_Sadahito_Ken_1V_600w.jpg

Enamoto_Sadahito_Ken_Nakago_blk_600h.jpg

Sadahito_4a_600w.jpg

Sadahito_10a_600w.jpg

Sadahito_19_600w.jpg

Sadahito_50_600w.jpg

Sadahito_63_600w.jpg

Sadahito_64_600w.jpg

Sadahito_Ken_Oshigata_600h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived