Koiguchi Leather Protector

noneed2hate

Good Day All!

I've been trying my hand at a bit of leatherworking and fashioned quite a few of these leather Koiguchi protectors.

These are all handmade in the USA. Hand cut, beveled, sanded and burnished. Each are approximately 3.3mm thick, 2.75" in diameter. The interior portion that fits around the Habaki is approximately 1.4" in length, 0.6" at the widest portion (Mune side) and 0.2" (Ha side) at the narrowest portion (excluding the opening). Due to the process involved to make these, there may be some slight variation between each protector. Additionally there may be some slight creases or other small imperfections in the leather but nothing that will impact the performance of this simple accessory. 

If you have any question please let me know. If you are wanting to order a large amount, please send me a message and we can work something out as this listing will only be inventory on hand. 

Currently 14 on hand ready to ship with approximately 10 more in the works. 

I am asking $17.50 shipped CONUS 

Please let me know if you are interested!
Here is the eBay listing if that is preferred: 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114878549905

_DSC0631.jpg

3 hours ago, Greg F said:

I dont remember seeing these before. Interesting.

Was making a few for the local Iai school I attend as a request from my teacher. Pretty much everyone at my school has one for their blades. My understanding is they protect the koiguchi from impacts while a blade is being transported. Additionally to reduce pressure in the inner portion where the habaki fits if the sword is in long term storage. This keeps it from pre maturely wearing out as the wood expands and contracts with the seasons.

Update on inventory:

I now have 25 on hand

Archived