Inherited Sword

Blaze

Hi All,

Not sure if posting in the correct area? New here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in Australia. I recently inherited a Japanese sword from my father. It was my grandfathers. He brought it home from the pacific after WW2.

I have a general interest in WW2 and would love any insight available as to the swords likely age, the type of sword, the identifying marks, value, anything special/notable about it?

I can take additional photos or describe specifics if required. Happy to discuss. I also know the very basic story of how my grandfather supposedly acquired the sword if interested.

Many thanks

edit: photos didnt come through. I'll try adding just a couple..

20210704_185137.jpg

20210704_185039.jpg

20210704_185206.jpg

20210704_185232.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Blaze,

You have a Type 95 NCO sword, which appears to be in fairly nice condition. Your post should probably be listed in the Military Swords of Japan section.

Congratulations, nice inheritance. There are many Type 95 enthusiast which will hopefully provide you with excellent advice and basic information. Your fellow Australian board member "Shamsy" being one of the foremost !

The site below is a good starting point.  

Non-commissioned officers Gunto 1935 (Type 95 Guntō)/title> (ohmura-study.net)

Dave M.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..