Kozuka info if possible

Ron M

Classical Chinese theme. Copper tsuka with gold, silver, suaka and shakudo. Two Chinese sages standing below a rocky outcrop with pines above. Not sure which story this alludes to. (Kanzan and Jittoku?) The photo is slightly out of focus so hard to see detail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ron M.,

I really cannot see the necessary critical details of the design and the workmanship or even the surface texture of the kozuka to be sure of anything. The base might be a dark patinaed iron. Can you post better photos (more even lighting and crisper focus)? Check out my website links below in my signature of examples of good Japanese sword fittings photography. Or you can check with a small magnet that the base of the kozuka is iron? 

Li bai and Du Fu,  similar to the Ukiyo-e painting (Tosogu is always looking the other way to the woodblock though from what i've seen).

I can point you to other example if interested, but there is two examples in the MET collection, Dale Raisbeck's Public Domain books have both of these within.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Steves87 said:

Li bai and Du Fu,  similar to the Ukiyo-e painting (Tosogu is always looking the other way to the woodblock though from what i've seen).

I can point you to other example if interested, but there is two examples in the MET collection, Dale Raisbeck's Public Domain books have both of these within.

I would definitely appreciate that direction information. Regards 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..