FS: Antique Japanese Katana sword

equ

Up for your consideration is a Katana Japanese antique Long 71.2cm sword in excellent condition, no damage to it's original state.

More details about this exceptional piece:

Swordsmith: Soshu ju Masahiro (Masahiro lived Soshu), Cutting Edge Length: 71.2cm (28.03in)

Age: Muromachi period, Primary Material: Tamahagane, Sword Full length:    91.3cm (35.94in).

Saki-haba: 2.8cm (1.1in), Saki-gasane: 0.8cm (0.31in), Moto-haba: 3.1cm (1.22in).

Moto-gasane: 0.8cm (0.31in), Jigane: Itame, Hamon: Gunome-choji, Sori curve: 1.4cm (0.55in)

Koshirae length: 107cm (42.13in), Shirasaya length: 100.3,

The blade is unconditionally guaranteed to not have any fatal flaws and/or hagire. 

Asking Price: USD$6800

If you are interested kindly send me a message,
keyh503 at gmail dot com

Thanks for looking...!!!!

gd7.jpg

gd5.jpg

gd12.jpg

• Downvote 1

Thanks for the information.

More details about the sword:

It Comes with the Katana, Koshirae, Sword bag, Blade is unaltered with it's original length. 

Authentic Japanese designed, superlative materials made, faithfully crafted and Fully Sharpened Blade.

Many of the existing Masahiro swords were made in the late Muromachi period, and the charm of the Soshu-den tradition is fading.

Along with Sadamune and Hiromitsu, Masahiro is a representative of Soshu smiths, and was a prominent family from the Nanbokucho period to the late Muromachi period.

The polish is in good condition, the blade is overall healthy with no fatal flaws.

More pictures of the sword,

gd11.jpg

gd2.jpg

gd4.jpg

gd5.jpg

Herman,

I read in your post:

Saki-gasane: 0.8 cm (0.31in).....Moto-gasane: 0.8 cm (0.31in)....

Is that true? These are unusual dimensions, I think. And this

Authentic Japanese designed, superlative materials made, faithfully crafted and fully sharpened blade.....

reads as if you were selling a SHINKEN!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckaiserca said:

Aside from his prices seeming to be extraordinarily high, are there other reasons this seller is to be avoided? 

Here a link about this seller 

Always high price (lot gimei or in bad sheap) and seem he dont have a real shop.but post nihonto stuff from other seller in Japan. Be careful 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hummm...everything about this sword reeks of modern, made to look older, absolutely nothing looks right to me...run forest run.

Hey, but what do I know I'm just a rookie viewing from the gallery.....

Mark

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edward Mahle said:

I think it's gorgeous, love the Koshirae price is high but I've noticed people seem to get angry when a Nihonto makes its way on this site that's over priced but it's something they definitely want.

Edward,

That the owner has not responded to some reasonable questions suggests that it may not be a legitimate sale and the reason such questions get asked is so that people like you don't blow their wad on dodgy items. Be grateful.

Also, It's probably not overpriced if it's genuine and may even be a bargain at that price, but the owner hasn't addressed that question of authenticity and the price is perhaps set to tempt the unwary or speculative.

Mods - as Kirill says I'm not sure if this oversteps the mark about commenting on sales; please amend or delete if necessary.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Shugyosha said:

Edward,

That the owner has not responded to some reasonable questions suggests that it may not be a legitimate sale and the reason such questions get asked is so that people like you don't blow their wad on dodgy items. Be grateful.

Also, It's probably not overpriced if it's genuine and may even be a bargain at that price, but the owner hasn't addressed that question of authenticity and the price is perhaps set to tempt the unwary or speculative.

Mods - as Kirill says I'm not sure if this oversteps the mark about commenting on sales; please amend or delete if necessary.

Just thought it was a interesting Nihonto with a outrageous price tag and saw a few salty comment's. Didn't disagree in the end because you guys are just trying to keep people safe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shugyosha said:

Edward,

I know the rules and so it should be in normal situations, But in this case I agree with John J . A new seller appears with few previous posts. NMB has an impeccable reputation for quality, honesty and sharing knowledge. People feel safe buying from sellers here. This reputation has to be defended.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..