Tsuba purchase 1

Adamt

Hi all,

big thank you to Dale spartancrest for sharing with me how to buy of yahoo Japan…. I have been trying it out and would love anyone’s feedback on the items so far I have snatched up… only cheapies to start with… still have to find out shipping costs yet… any idea is it a flat rate up to 2kg or priced on exact weight?

is this a carved jakusi… of course hopefully edo or older.

would the signature be legible?

Thanks

Adam

5A055B6E-FF9E-48E0-A6D0-2EA0ABCC68D9.jpeg

85A688BC-9013-49A6-AE0F-81698BB1CAD6.jpeg

By buying up the cheap Yahoo Japan items, you are Hoovering up all the cast repros that no-one else will touch. Sorry, just my opinion. Save your money. You'll regret it later. Rather one medium decent tsuba than 10 cast ones.

• Like 1

Ah… so this is a cast one too… was thinking possibly carved plus the fact it had been on a few blades… oh well…thank you so much for the input… so true spend more get more.

lucky I still like it…. Is the signature just rubbish too?

when would this have been made.

if they say period tsuba what date that referring to?

• Like 1

Adam,

these TSUBA were mostly made for tourists. A handmade (signed) TSUBA was used to make a mold, and so many copies with the same - irrelevant MEI - were sold , probably at the end of the 19. /beginning of the 20. century.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..