Please Check My Work - Origami Translation

ckaiserca

I have made an attempt to translate the origami for my sunnobi tanto. I am slightly puzzled by the last kanji in the Nagasa column. I think I have the rest correct. Can someone please check my work?

Thanks!

* Kanteisho 

* Nagasa 1 Shaku 1 Sun 6 Bu ??

* Hitotsu (Item) Wakazashi - Mei - Kaneharu (shintô)

* "Examination by this organization has resulted in the decision that the item to the right is a sword that is worthy of preservation" (Hozon)

* Heisei 23 Nen (year) - 4 Gatsu (month) - 12 Hi (day). - April 12, 2011

* Zaidan Hojin Nihon Bijutsu Token Hozon Kyokai "Paper was produced by NBTHK, the organisation is officially recognised as an incorporated foundation"

Charles K.

Aurora, ON

14761paper-1.jpg

• Like 1

So I have done my best to completely transcribe the kanji from my NBTHK origami. Using the kanji pages on this site, I think I have done all I can.

Would someone be willing to provide me with the kanji characters for the "boilerplate" of the origami? I have the rest, but I don't even know where to start for the other two sections? I would like to create a template for future swords of this ranking.

This is what I currently have done (hopefully it is correct).

鑑 定 書

* Kanteisho

長 一尺 一寸 六分弱

* Nagasa Ichi (1) Shaku Ichi (1) Sun Rokû  (6) Bu jaku  (Length - a bit less than 1 shaku, 1 sun 6 bu = 35 cm or 13.77 inches)

脇指 (新刀)

* Hitotsu (Item) Wakazashi - Mei - Kaneharu (shintô)

???

* (Examination by this organisation has resulted in the decision that the item to the right is a sword that is worthy of preservation) (Rank = Hozon)

平成 二十三年 四月 十二日

* Heisei 23 Nen (year) - 4 Gatsu (month) - 12 Hi (day)  (23rd year of Heisei, 4th month, 12th day - April 12, 2011)

???

* Zaidan Hojin Nihon Bijutsu Token Hozon Kyokai (Paper was produced by NBTHK, the organisation is officially recognised as an incorporated foundation)

Many thanks in advance for any help that the group can provide!

4 hours ago, ckaiserca said:

???

* (Examination by this organisation has resulted in the decision that the item to the right is a sword that is worthy of preservation) (Rank = Hozon)

???

* Zaidan Hojin Nihon Bijutsu Token Hozon Kyokai (Paper was produced by NBTHK, the organisation is officially recognised as an incorporated foundation)

右は當協會に於て審査の結果保存刀剣と鑑定しこれを証する

財團法人 日本美術刀剣保存協會

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ckaiserca said:

平成 二十三年 四月 十二日

* Heisei 23 Nen (year) - 4 Gatsu (month) - 12 Hi (day)  (23rd year of Heisei, 4th month, 12th day - April 12, 2011)

Your reading for the paper is almost perfect.

To be precise,  the following reading is better in the context.

* Heisei 23 Nen (year) - 4 Gatsu (month) - 12 Nichi (day)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Your reading for the paper is almost perfect.

To be precise,  the following reading is better in the context.

* Heisei 23 Nen (year) - 4 Gatsu (month) - 12 Nichi (day)

Thank you very much for your help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..