Real or fake

2 hours ago, vajo said:

real

show us the whole sword.

I am sorry vajo . Will upload more pics . Also the tsuba  has 39 marking also on rest of the parts . Can u tell me plz what the writing means . 

Ammad. The name on the Nakago (tang) is 兼宗 Kanemune.

The long inscription is a date 昭和 Showa 10? ...something? but you'll need to show different angled shots to bring it up clearly. Section by section would be OK. (Don't try to clean off the rust any more.)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bugyotsuji said:

Ammad. The name on the Nakago (tang) is 兼宗 Kanemune.

The long inscription is a date 昭和 Showa 10? ...something? but you'll need to show different angled shots to bring it up clearly. Section by section would be OK. (Don't try to clean off the rust any more.)

4AE68931-B6E7-449C-8B58-C30743EF54F4.thumb.jpeg.813086718a66a00cf809894cfd132925.jpegB539CBFA-A728-4D43-8C72-01932A240CB9.thumb.jpeg.d332e5ad97249e506cf11610e79c7259.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ammad said:

Thank u Bugyotsuji is it a gunto type 98 ?? Can u  plz tell me . Is the maker of the sword well knw . Also is it a collector item . 

It is a type 98.

The maker of the blade was one of many 100's of WWII blade makers that made mass produced swords. 

If it were in good to excellent condition, these swords are collectable...BUT not nearly as collectable as blades from all the eras before WWII.

If this exact sword was in the USA, just like you show it with missing pieces, it would sell for maybe $400-500...maybe.

• Thanks 1

Ammad,

I consider ALL WWII gunto collectable.  They are a valuable piece of probably the most terrible time our world has ever experienced, and the men that served their families and nations (on all sides) deserve to be honored and remembered.  I would care for that sword as carefully as I would a National Treasure sword.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank u bruce .thank u for ur reply . Yes they all have my respects . And now from all your experience and helping me out with the history of the  gunto that it was real . I will keep it . 🙌 to all .   

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..