Library Additions

Vermithrax16

I find that spending time looking through collections and fine works allows me to better develop my eye for better pieces and themes. Never underestimate good books to increase your attention to details.

These 3 were sent quickly by our own Grey Doffin. Thanks Grey!

fittingsbooks.jpg

• Like 3

Dear Jeremiah.

That's some lovely reading there!  The only snag is that once you have trained your ye you then have to find pieces that meet your newly refined criteria and a source of funds to go with it.:laughing:

Oh, and apparently drool marks on the pages devalues the books.

All the best.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I remember attending the RB Caldwell masterpieces exhibition.  I still have the book and invitation (see attached).  As I remember it was held at a swanky London house and was filled with lovely ladies, there for the free champagne.  As my wife was with me I was able to focus my attention on the collection, one of the few that did.  I could not afford any of them, but got a group of three tsuba and the Sotheby's auction of other items from his collection.

Syz.JPG

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..