Missing Sword

I have a client who's reported a sword he's bought from me gone missing.

I don't know the facts yet of what happened, just what was told to me. I recommended to call the police and they have been notified and asked to investigate and are apparently looking into it. This is in Virginia. So to avoid any speculation at this point, I just wanted to make a sword missing report in case anyone encounters it. When there is something tangible to share or if it turns up I'll update this.

It's the Tsunbo Nagatsuna https://yuhindo.com/tsunbo-nagatsuna-katana/ from my site. The papers are missing, the sword, an evaluation sheet, and one of the custom care kits.

Sounds like someone knew what they were taking to have taken the papers and a care kit. Unless they were all just stored in the same box. Awful news, I hope your client gets it back unharmed. Will keep a watchful eye out here.

I agree, and I’m very sorry to hear about that stolen sword, I will be sure to keep my eyes open if it ever shows up on eBay or other sites people might use to resell stolen wares.

Also I’m sure you know but if it was stolen in postal transit then the inspector general will investigate and prosecute https://www.uspsoig.gov/uspsoig-contact

They, after a long time, helped me with a stolen laptop so it was worth a try and I’m sure a five figure sword will get more priority.

So sorry to hear that Darcy.   I held that sword in my hand two years ago at the Chicago show.   It is a real beauty, and I had interest in it, having a wakizashi by the same maker on its way back from Japan soon.   I am hoping that your client just put it all in a "safe place" and forgot about it.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..