Some help Needed to Translate

Prewar70

This looks like it might be a match without comparing them side by side. Aoi say he was working around kanbun, so maybe the 5th generation. The compendium skips this generation and I’m away from my books so I’ll have a dig tomorrow if no one else chimes in. 

https://www.aoijapan.net/tanto-harima-no-kami-teruhiro-saku/

Hi James,

These examples are from a book called "Higo kami Teruhiro and his students" and the smiths signing Harima Kami Teruhiro are from this line. I've tried to put yours with the second, third and 4th generations (from left to right and top to bottom).

Harima kami Teruhiro (2).jpegTeruhiro 2nd gen.jpgTeruhiro 3rd generation (2).jpgTeruhiro 4th gen (2).jpg

Looking at these side by side and in the fresh light of day, it's hard to find a match.

I've exceeded my upload limit so I can't post examples of the 5th and 6th generations, but if you PM me an email address I'll mail them over.

I should add the caveat that it's the work that confirms the signature so without seeing the blade itself this is a bit of an academic exercise, if you have some pictures of the blade that might help point in a certain direction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..