Type 98 Gunto sword

Jcremer24

WWII Gunto sword. In decent shape signed by Sato Yukihira. This sword comes from the Seki prefecture and was made in 1942(ish) - My guess, feel free to chime in. Comes with type 98 koshirae also in decent shape. Some corrosion and rust spots on the tsuba and seppa. Tassel is period original, but certainly not original to the sword. Please feel free to ask any questions. Asking $1600 but will consider offers and will sell the sword without the tassel for $1300 obo. 5-10% of this sale will be donated back to NMB

EA0C1C97-2296-4013-A4D9-406C19D2269B.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kolekt-To said:

Do we know anything about the smith "Yukihira"? Sounds like a good deal from what you have shown thus far.

Per Japanese sword index he is rated Chu Saku. (Medium made). Not superior quality, but a decent blade nonetheless

On 6/3/2021 at 5:47 PM, Jcremer24 said:

Please PM for additional pictures (unless anyone has any idea to get past the file size limit)

I see that some other sellers have replied to their own posts with more pictures, so that's another option.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 4:18 PM, Winchester said:

Please share more photos of the blade and any areas of concern that you mentioned. I am a serious buyer, starting out. Thanks in advance.

What is your email? I am still having trouble attaching here. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..