Mal Cox "Tokushima" Article -- Gold!

Thanks Bruce, it was in fact rather difficult.  I started to look at the WW2 Tokushima tosho there and found although small most were RJT but not in lists. Also they had close links with the Osaka Army Arsenal.  Then to try and get context I looked further back in history.

Fortunately my wife also found the translations of interest.  I do hope there are no major errors.....and would be pleased to hear if there are, or member have more examples.  Also I was unable to get a copy of the 1972 book Ashu no Tosho. 

• Thanks 1

Mal,

Just finished reading your latest, Tokushima Tosho...excellent. Great research, great sources, another great resource from you and Sueko.

We are all lucky to have you on NMB and in the sword world in general...I still smile when I have cause to look up your Mino book....if only I had a Tokushima blade also. The closest I can get is a LINK  to neighbouring Kochi (Tosa) where 12 gen Kawashima Masahide taught my RJT Nakata Kanehide of Seki between 1928-1937 (gave him the 'hide' in his mei) - now Kochi would be another worthwhile project eh? eh?

No, seriously, you are a great benefactor to the nihonto researcher.

Thank you both,

Reagards,

George.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..