First sword, probably fake?

Michaeljw98

Hi all,

im incredibly new to this however I recently picked up what I believe to be an NCO type 95? From what I can tell, I believe it’s a fake/repro but I wanted your thoughts on it. I’ve tried to dissemble the sword however the blade seems to be stubborn and I can’t get the tsuka or tsuba off. The screws however were well rusted in and it took a bit of work to get them out so I don’t think I’ll succeed unless any of you have any tips to fully dissemble a rusted blade.

im not too worried if it’s a fake/repro as I picked it up rather cheap but I wanted your thoughts.

attached is an album of the images however I’ll try and upload pictures on by one https://ibb.co/album/rFfMmb

Wait for others with more knowledge, but I'm going to say fake/repro. The handle appears to be all metal. I doubt there is a "tsuka" to take off, in all honesty. Probably all one piece? I'm no expert, so could very well be wrong, but it doesn't look authentic to my eyes.

2 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Yes fake, and a bad one at that too. Get get your money back if you can, and read more on these forums about Type 95's; you'll learn a lot and be able to spot the fakes more easily.

Cool thank you, I thought it was but just wanted second opinions. I’m not worried about getting my money back, I picked it up incredibly cheap so it was very likely to be fake also. If it cost more I’d be fussed but it’s not even in triple digits I paid 

Hello Michael,

It’s a fake..lots of them on that big internet site.....If it’s really cheap it’s handy to have around as a comparison until you get hold of the real deal..

Regards,

Paul..

I still have the first fake I ever bought (got a second one with a batch of 4 at an auction).  Not sure why I still have it, but I'd hate to let it back out on the market to sucker another rookie like I was at the time.  Pluse, it's still good to hold it and look it over in-hand.  It's a stark reminder of the quality differences between these fakes and the real thing.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..