11 minutes ago, Darkcon said:

After the first 2 accurate descriptions I find it pointless to repeat the same thing but true, the question was a description of the hamon.. rookies, you know

John

It's about describing what you see, not repeating what others say; in fact, you shouldn't even read them.

5 minutes ago, Jacques D. said:

It's about describing what you see, not repeating what others say; in fact, you shouldn't even read them.

Tough to skip something in front of the eyes though right?... but because I read them I learned a new term so 👍

John

Ok, I have to admit I wasn't expecting a lot of responses. Thanks to those who dared.

Here is the description made by the NBTHK (it was a kantei sword). Words in brackets are mine.

Hamon : The lower half bases on a notare mixed with gunome which turns toward the tip to a hoso-suguha-chö with some ko-notare, in addition many ko-nie (not visible), kinsuji and sunagashi, also some yubashiri appear on the lower half.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..