One more request for translation

NewB

Thank you for your time!!!

I got it because of the nakago rust/shape. The jigane is amazing and the inazuma is as nothing I have seen. As we all say - buy the blade, not the signature

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all,

Yes, I am aware it is gimei but as I mentioned I purchased it because of the nakago shape and rust primarily. It is an old blade with beautiful hamon activity and very pronounced ji nie. I am debating about This blade and based on your replies i probably won't be bringing it to shinsa. Paying to hear what I already know is money thrown away... plus I have a considerable amount that Have to go through shinsa so this one will be resting on the wall of shame for the years to come :)

I am not worried about it 

Cheers

John 

John,

There’s no shame in owning a gimei blade. Don’t dismiss it out of hand: you feel it has some quality and the mei is aiming high so, whilst it may be a lesser smith, it may still be a decent one. 

Worth some further investigation in my view. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..