Masamune's Tomb (?)

Hi Tom....

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of others ...... I didn't want to post it myself.....in the budo spirit of humility..... even though it would serve as powerful advertising...

Many, many hours go into the preparatory and planning stages....then a day in on-site planning for story continuity... and then the big day filming which lasted from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.   There were many retakes due to outside noise interference of general traffic and tourism in Kamakura.  Actually, we shot around two hours of content that was whittled down to fifteen minutes.  Lots of historical overview and some mistakes were edited out......and most of my humorous quips got a quick cutting test....... The final stage is the tedious editing done professionally by a talented professional in Kamakura, Mr. Oe who deserves credit for both his camera work and his editing skill.

I hope NMB folks enjoy this.... It took a lot of work....  Can we move it so it starts an original thread as the Soshu tradition it might get overlooked attached to the bottom of Guido's ego....I mean thread....?

Best,

Robert

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This is, indeed, the family Temple for Masamune and all his lineage since then.  This is my family, we have a direct line through the Yamamura family of swordmakers back to Masamune.

The photo shows Takeshi Yamamura Swordsmith 24th generation since Masamune.  He is the current swordmaker in Kamakura.  He showed us all the tombs of the entire family - all marked with the family mon of a round circle with two lines.  This depicts the full moon with two strands of cloud.

100% correct information about Masamune at Hongaku-ji Temple, Kamakura.

Takeshi Yamamura No.24

DSCF2894 Kamakura Tombs.jpg

DSCF2898 Yamamura Family tombs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Jo92 said:

This is, indeed, the family Temple for Masamune and all his lineage since then.  This is my family, we have a direct line through the Yamamura family of swordmakers back to Masamune.

The photo shows Takeshi Yamamura Swordsmith 24th generation since Masamune.  He is the current swordmaker in Kamakura.  He showed us all the tombs of the entire family - all marked with the family mon of a round circle with two lines.  This depicts the full moon with two strands of cloud.

100% correct information about Masamune at Hongaku-ji Temple, Kamakura.

Takeshi Yamamura No.24

DSCF2894 Kamakura Tombs.jpg

DSCF2898 Yamamura Family tombs.jpg

Thank you, Jo. 

• Like 3

Yes, my grandfather was part of the The Japan-British Exhibition of 1910 held in White City, London.  He is also buried with the family at Hongaku-ji Temple.

He is seen in the print below with his elder brother, they were demonstrating sword-making at the Japan-British Exhibition.

DSCF2841Japan-British Exhibition of 1910 black and white.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..