WTB first nihonto

cwarren

I'm a beginner looking to learn more about Japanese swords. I would like to purchase my first sword here on these message boards. I am very lost as to how to value a nihonto. I know here you will offer me a sword at a fair value. 

I am interested in the components of a Japanese sword and I am excited to own one so I can handle it and learn hands on. I would prefer an older sword maybe even with the papers that certify its origin. I'm looking to spend <$2000. As far as style/type, I am open to anything.

I look forward to chatting with you and joining this community... and maybe getting my first nihonto! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 3:56 AM, cwarren said:

I'm a beginner looking to learn more about Japanese swords. I would like to purchase my first sword here on these message boards. I am very lost as to how to value a nihonto. I know here you will offer me a sword at a fair value. 

I am interested in the components of a Japanese sword and I am excited to own one so I can handle it and learn hands on. I would prefer an older sword maybe even with the papers that certify its origin. I'm looking to spend <$2000. As far as style/type, I am open to anything.

I look forward to chatting with you and joining this community... and maybe getting my first nihonto! 

Im sure we could work something out 

Archived