KOA ISSHIN MANTETSU

IJASWORDS

I offer for sale, a Spring 1943 Koa Isshin WW2 officer sword. They are rarely found in the original leather combat covers these days, which I have left on to preserve its originality. I have slightly peeled back the leather, and looks like the painted metal saya is immaculate underneath. 

The blade is in as found condition, no rust no pits, no chips. The features of the blade are there for the eyes to appreciate. As expected there is very slight staining with age and combat use. I love the patina on these swords that show that they have been taken to war, and not left in an office or cupboard. 

The mei is well cut, and the nakago is in very nice condition. To further prove its originality, the MUNE stamps are evident, and not obscured by rust that so often happens. 

At AUD3150, I will express post with tracking and signature any where. These swords are now very collectable and sought after, not often does an original example that hasn't been monkeyed with come up.  

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

a12.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is the only known 42nd series Mantetsu reported so far.  I guess that makes it one of a kind!

シ三〇四 = SHI 304.

興亞一心 = Kōa Isshin.

満鐵作 = Mantetsu saku = Made by SMR.

昭和癸未春 = Spring 1943.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..