Nobukuni Katana

Jcremer24

Hirazukuri, late Muromachi... It can paper, its just not a pricy item. After Oei Nobukuni's are not that important.

P.S. I had better names from this smith papering. But what he sells is usually not in polish and has forging flaws.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd suggest buy from the dealers here. Reputable, knowledgeable with proven track record and guaranteed quality. No offense to the Japanese dealer,  he had a Yosozaemon Sukesada Yari I missed few weeks back... most is out of polish considerably overpriced

Cheers

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Darkcon said:

I'd suggest buy from the dealers here. Reputable, knowledgeable with proven track record and guaranteed quality. No offense to the Japanese dealer,  he had a Yosozaemon Sukesada Yari I missed few weeks back... most is out of polish considerably overpriced

Cheers

John

I can second this. I have only recently gotten into nihonto. I actually looked at this my blade... Definitely seems a bit overpriced for what it is. Daimyou54 has decent stuff pop up every once in awhile it seems. However, I recently bought from Rain Dragon (David Stiles) and Grey Doffin. They are listed under the dealer showcase on here. Transactions were smooth and I was very pleased with what I got from both of them. Absolute pleasure to work with!! I would stick with them or other dealers here. 

If in the US, work with US dealers.

Unless you are buying at the Juyo or above level, you will do much better for your $ in the USA.

Also, no international mail or customs hassles and you can return it or be protected by USA law in a state to state transaction.

As far as Nobukuni works go, if it doesn't look like the attached examples= then what is in a name?

The first few generations of Nobukuni are great.

Nobukuni Naginata Juyo nidai 03.jpg

Nobukuni Naginata Juyo nidai 02.jpg

Nobukuni Otanto.jpg

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..