Sayagaki Translation Needed

Taipan32

I'm a newbie who hopes that a disinterested Native English speaker can understand and translate for me the sayagaki inscription for a katana that I own.  I have a rough translation done by a Native Japanese speaker and would very much like to get a second opinion.   The katana in question has NBTHK papers and is purported to be from the late-Kamakura era, Yamato School.  Please see the attached sequence of 4 photos.  

I would be delighted to pay for this service.  Just tell me how much and where, please.  If translation is impossible, perhaps someone can recommend a competent Native English speaking translator who is conversant with nihonto terminology.

Grateful for any assistance, 

Roger Almquist

(Taipan32)

Maryland, USA

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

Roger - its clear you have a nice blade by Ryumon Nobuyoshi with a sayagaki by Tanobe Sensei of the NBTHK - the photos are a little small, having trouble enlarging them enough to read. Might help if you can post closer up pictures. Of Course there is sure to be someone on here who can translate this for you.

-t

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..