Coming attraction !!!

Stephen

Mauro I rather like finding utsushi, I have a good data base of a number of patterns. I like the way a single design can be reinterpreted in slightly different ways and still retain the essence of the original. . . . the difficulty is working out which was the original, not sure if that is even possible.:dunno: 

• Like 2

Stephen from the others out there you got a real bargain, and they are all different, from what I see the design of yours is one of the more interesting. Throwing Stephen King under the bus here but he has a similar tsuba - it is the one listed under Gumtree https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/east-perth/antiques/rare-antique-tsuba-katana-sword-handguard-jakushi-dragon/1270358030  His piece is 63 mm x 60 mm, maybe two Stephens have between them a daisho?

• Like 1

Stephen, your example is one of the better conditioned Jakushi Dragons around, so congratulations!

Don't mind my example in the link, as a bit of a joke I upped the price considerably when I saw Dale had linked it (all my stuff is overpriced for a reason which I won't post about right now).

I have been looking for a second as good as your example to form a daisho, but actually, thinking more about it, the guard I have is too small, more of a Tanto size so I'd have to get a full Kat and Wak size still. My problem half the time is having the excess funds at the right time!!

Again, nice pick-up

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..