1886 Cavalry Sword Menuki

dwmc

I've been trying to locate one of the early screw type menuki for a 1886 Type 19 Cavalry sword. I've also posted the search in the "Want to buy" section without results.

I'm beginning to feel this type Sakura blossom menuki may be much more rare than I originally thought judging from lack of response. I therefore decided I would bring the request to a larger audience with the hope of someone happening to have one available. If so please PM me...

Thanks,

Dave M.374638396_s-l1600Screwtypesakurablossommenuki.thumb.jpg.6a3d333bb831ddac5f24f249bba8ee34.jpg

Thank you for the reply Dave. The one I have now is a plain type. I'm beginning to think the blossom end ones not already in use are fairly rare indeed!  I guess these would be more accurately described as brass Mekugi pins with Sakura blossom ends.

Thanks again,

Dave M.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..