Habaki repair help needed

Hoping someone may be able to help. I have a wakizashi that originally had a 2-piece habaki. The base piece was missing when I got it and although the habaki still "sits" right, I was wondering if there is anyone who could make a copper replacement base- piece for me?

I could send the existing part with scabbard mouth measurements and maybe he could make one up to fit the "inner" part?

Maybe a member can point me to the right person?

I'm in Australia, but happy to post overseas to get it done.

Thanks...

IMG_7282 A B.jpg

IMG_6681 mumei wak OA scab habaki.jpg

Personal opinion, I think you would be better with a complete new Habaki, whether two piece or one piece. The problem of fitting to the old piece of the  habaki and  the blade is a killer. A   skilled craftsman might manage it, but you would be lucky, and it would cost as much or more than a complete replacement . I am also dubious as to the fit of the one you show anyway, I suspect a random replacement some time in the swords history.

I have on a couple of occasions made new one piece  habaki for my own blades, having originally had some training in silver-smithing back in the day. It is a real pain in the butt!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..