Minute Tanto Tsuba - Shakudo and Insects

Infinite_Wisdumb

8 hours ago, Bugyotsuji said:

Yes, a sweet little tsuba. We might be looking at Hagi and suzumushi, which for some reason bring up images of fall/autumn in Choshu, for me. (Play on the word 'Hagi'...?)

https://www.shuminoengei.jp/m-pc/a-page_p_detail/target_plant_code-282

It does does look like hagi doesnt it @Bugyotsuji!!

56 minutes ago, Infinite_Wisdumb said:

thanks for the kind words everyone!  I agree, it must have been impressive when mounted.  I need a First Generation Osaka Yoshimichi tanto now.......

Now that is funny. I was just holding a first generation Tamba no Kami Yoshimichi at our sword meeting about two hours ago. A really lovely object with clear early Sudareba up near the pointy end.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 1:28 PM, Ford Hallam said:

...and of the examples Dirk posted none are alike either :laughing:

"Here's a side by side of your signature compared to the 1st 6 generations (papered authenticated examples)." ;-) was just making a case that the mei under discussion at the time was well off from any of the Kyo-Tamba generations. Which doesn't necessary mean gimei, but it doesn't help either.

• Haha 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..