Yoshihisa saku tsuba

Curran

Nice little tsuba signed "Yoshi hisa saku".

Tosho plate. Edo from some time in the 1700s or 1800s.

Most likely it was from one of the Echizen Myochin that were retainers to the Matsudaira Daimyo for at least a dozen generations.

BUT.... I could be wrong.

I cannot make out the place name on it.

To me it looks   ______   Moto  _____  Ju         [then]   Yoshihisa saku on the other side, with a large "Yoshi".

It anyone can figure out that first Kanji or how to read the right hand side, I am most greatful.

Curran

Yoshihisa saku tosho tsuba.jpg

Moriyama-san,

As always- thank you.

I am a little embarrassed, as I should have recognized that. I previously owned this tsuba: 18.jpg (1405×1878) (shibuiswords.com)

"Geishu ju Yoshihisa" before I sold it to an Australian who then sold it on to Bob Haynes.

This matsukawa mon tsuba doesn't feel as old as the other Geishu ju Yoshihisa, so I am going to guess it to be Haynes #11630.0, the son of the first Geishu ju Yoshihisa Haynes #11614.0

So.... not Echizen Myochin Yoshihisa line.

Rather, of the father n son Yoshihisa of Aki province near Hiroshima.  Both tsuba really feel like tosho tsuba.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..