Beware Monkey's scam

Monkey just list this NCO sword as a rare prototype  https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PROTOTYPE-WWII-Japanese-Army-officers-samurai-sword-NCO-LEATHER-SCABBAR/114737295938

Actually, he just bought an NCO sword without a handle from eBay and put a handle on it, now he is trying to scam people. What a shame.

Original sell https://www.ebay.com/itm/Imperial-Japan-Type-95-NCO-Gunto-sword-/393110215827

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I recognised the saya from a previous listing when the alert popped up this morning. Don't remember the rest of the sword being part of the sale, so good detective work, Trystan. I'd never buy anything from him anyway because you just don't know how much tampering has taken place.

He throws rare and prototype around like they're going out of style. Typically the two words that make me take a careful second look with a sceptical eye.

I wonder how many frankenswords we see here might have their origins with him.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:53 AM, Jcremer24 said:

Was anyone aware that this seller also has a YouTube channel?? I would guess this is the same guy, I have read some pretty poor things about him.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCdIb1UHHSH0EziBk0xHi33Q

His videos are hopeless, I have learned absolutely zero from them. 

Andrew

• Like 2

Lol. I have a KA-Bar knife myself. It was like maybe $75 or so? Cant remember what I paid for it, but it is one of my favorite knives. But $400? What a fool. Yeah, I found his videos before I even started collecting nihonto, I could tell right off the bat, that this guy didnt know what he was talking about. 

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

I just hope, that one of these days, he abuses a blade and it bites him. Hard.

He did ruin a fairly rare Type 95 variant by mixing parts in an effort to make it more valuable. There is a thread on this very forum where Stegel points it out.

I made a mistake with my previous comment - Samurai Monkey did not apologise to me, another seller did (but also did nothing about his listing). This is what Sumari Monkey had to say on YouTube (he has not responded to me on eBay):

image.thumb.png.2172c3e61c8f7dd59d1c605cad764189.png

4 hours ago, Shamsy said:

He did ruin a fairly rare Type 95 variant by mixing parts in an effort to make it more valuable. There is a thread on this very forum where Stegel points it out.

That's truly sickening. I believe I might have seen that thread before.

I've messaged him a few times over the last few years and he always plays dumb or the victim.

Today I messaged him about the ka bar and told him there's a lot of discussion in the antique weapon community about his dodgy sales and he said he knows people aren't happy with him and he's ok with it.

Low life .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..