HELP IDENTIFY MON ON KOZUKA

Bazza

A friend of mine has a kozuka and thinks the mon may have been a sideline variation of the main Nabeshima family mon, but he has been unable to identify it.  My knowledge of mon is pretty much zilch.  Does anyone have any idea of what it could be??

Thanks,

BaZZa.

1816956394_Kozukawithmyogamon.thumb.jpg.55d13de72a6a8a972c69c6f02063a96d.jpg

Thank you very much Piers and Marcos.  My friend was grateful for your opinions (I pointed him here, hopefully as a teppou man he will stay around ). 
He replied:

> Also, thank you for the information regarding the mon on my kozuka.  I have seen most of the Nabeshima
> style mon and think that the mon on the kozuka is sufficiently different to be a different mon.

BaZZa.
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BaZZa,

Nice Kozuka; three very nice gold Kamon on a fine Shakudo Nanako ground, presumably made for a formal Koshirae. Haynes does not show this specific Mon, (and I do not have any other references) so yes, I believe a sufficiently different and potentially unrecorded Kamon, which is not surprising. FWIW, they look like Anzu (Apricot Blossom) to me..

Barrie.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..