Thoughts on these Wakizashi Swords

Dear Jason.

I confess I am a sucker for handachi koshirae so I like these.  The first blade seems to be signed Masanori, the pictures are nowhere near good enough to tell much about the blades though I like the extended kissaki.  I assume that you can see more detail in the photographs you will be bidding from?

These are coming out of Japan, (torokusho in the pictures), and they are without papers so if you are a collector of blades then warning bells are ringing.  You will not likely be getting great blades.

If you want swords then these are quite attractive but don't get carried away bidding, you will be buying un papered wakizashi .

Let us know how it turns out.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Geraint said:

Dear Jason.

I confess I am a sucker for handachi koshirae so I like these.  The first blade seems to be signed Masanori, the pictures are nowhere near good enough to tell much about the blades though I like the extended kissaki.  I assume that you can see more detail in the photographs you will be bidding from?

These are coming out of Japan, (torokusho in the pictures), and they are without papers so if you are a collector of blades then warning bells are ringing.  You will not likely be getting great blades.

If you want swords then these are quite attractive but don't get carried away bidding, you will be buying un papered wakizashi .

Let us know how it turns out.

All the best.

Hi! Yes, I can grab more pictures and post them here. 

1 hour ago, Suppaman said:

This is one of the high5japan auctions on ebay. I think he has/had some gimei and expensive medium-low quality papered pieces.

Yep, in general Ive been reading that this seller is kind of a mixed bag. I think I’ll stick to dealers and NMB. If I do buy ebay, I’ll make sure they are papered. Thanks everyone!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..