JP surface post tracking

Hi All, 

Anyone have recent experience with Jp surface mail( sea freight) tracking.

I'm 7 weeks in waiting  and am unable to track after it left Japan- anyone know how I can get any more information?

I tracked a motor bike from USA and was able to follow complete journey- but here nothing after despatch?

Only sent surface as DHL wouldn't  send- only koshirae by the way!

Would appreciate any views or contacts if there is one- apart from phone- my Japanese is very poor!!

Regards 

Michael

Hi Brano and Kids I, many thanks for your comments. Seems I still have quite a while to wait! But must admit I'm surprised that the tracking does not continue after it leaves Japan? I've  been on JP website tried to find a contact email but nothing only the phone number of last point of despatch! - what would be thechances of reaching an English speaking worker! Thanks again for your input and I'll  keep fingers crossed!

Cheers 

I am waiting for a sea freight which left Japan on January 30. And I think it will take a while.
When my daughter was in Japan for 1 year, she sent heavy packages by ship twice. They usually took 3 months to reach Germany. It was not possible to track the shipment.

That being said, I recently waited two and a half months for a small package by air from the US. Despite tracking - hadn't been much use - you could only wonder why it was criss-crossing the USA and lying around at airports for ages before it went across the ocean.

• Like 1

Many thanks for your thoughts and experiences!

DHL- well - jauce over packed my purchases - 65000 postage! But wait theres more- DHL refused due to length of parcel( you would think this auction company would be on top of that! Really!) I advised to collapse parcel/ repack to their specs- but wait theres more- DHL  viewed my Edo daisho koshirae as replica swords- tsunagi- what the ____. Refused parcel completely!!!

Advised jauce to send by surface- left on 28/1/21 and as most have said tracking is a joke! Certainly makes one wonder if its really worth it - but it's under my skin so " suck it up princess!"

Getting hard!

Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..