help to identify NCO 95

waren

Thanks for the added pics Waren!  Stegel's date is going to be the most accurate.

If you don't already know how to take care of your gunto, this site has instructions in the FAQs, or you can find several pages on the web.  Don't try to sand the rust off the blade.  It will never be the same.  Get a Japanese sword cleaning kit with uchiko ball.  I've tried pure alcohol.  It will add to the shine but it won't remove the black marks.  I haven't found anything that will do that.  Your main goal is to stop the active rust, clean and oil it for future preservation.

Thank you very much, I am very pleased with the answers and advice, there is a set for cleaning the sword, I use it, I smeared the blade with a thin layer of Japanese clove oil, tell me, the corrosion of the aluminum will grow

I actually wipe down my handles with the oil also. As long as you keep it from moisture and high humidity, it should not get any worse.

Be sure to wipe down both blade and handle with a dry cloth after oiling, you don’t want to leave sick oil. The idea is just to coat the metal with a thin layer of oil.

Thank you for sharing pictures of your sword.  Your sword was made by Suya, a well known Japanese sword company, under the supervision of Kokura Arsenal.

Below is a link to an article about sword care.  At the bottom of the page there is an orange link to download a PDF copy.

Japanese Sword Care and Etiquette

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, я думаю, что кошираэ этого меча была сделана Суйей, но кто сделал сам клинок? Кокура арсенал? Спасибо за ответы

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..