kinmichi wakizashi

hobnails

My heart is melting at that tsuba   :wub:
And of course the matching fittings. One of these days in a thread like this someone will reply with "I'm a multi-millionaire. Here...you take them..."    :rofl:
Beautiful Chris!! Even that wrap is stunning. Oh yeah, the blade is nice too :glee:

@Stephen, check out these fittings.

2 hours ago, Jacques D. said:

Is it NBTHK papered ?

Me? or Chris?  Mine is papered.  I'm sure his would get papers if not already... the mei with kiku mon look legit to me (though I'm still just a beginner; so grains of salt all around).

1 hour ago, hobnails said:

Hi guys thanks for the kind words it has old tokubetsu kicho paper, we have owned it for about twenty years, bit more expensive to resubmit to shinsa when you live in  New Zealand.

Thanks,  i've some doubt about it. 

• Like 1

Hi Jacques I have some doubt myself seeing that it has the old paper, it was bought from a well known dealer but that means nothing. I have seen similar Mei on line, will need to give it more study. My dad bought this sword, I personally would not have as it's not to my taste although it has a nice koshirae.

Cheers

Chris H

• Like 2

To each their own~  I personally really like the 2nd gen Kinmichi.

Also, the fact that we both have papered blades attributed to the same smith with clear stylistic similarities leads me to think they are therefore shoshin.  At least, it reassures me that the shinsa experts are doing their best to apply their knowledge and criteria with consistency and reliability.  🤷🏻‍♂️

image2~2.JPG

• 1 month later...

Also, the fact that we both have papered blades attributed to the same smith with clear stylistic similarities leads me to think they are therefore shoshin.

John,

It is when the work looks like that you should pay attention to the signature, not when it doesn't. A guy like Kajihei was able to reproduce the work of very good swordsmiths and put a fake signature.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..