Tomoyoshi? Monkey fuchi kashira help.

Munetsugu

Wondered if anyone can tell me anything else or any more of the mei inscription? I've bought these thinking they were made by someone else then got told they are tomoyoshi!😁 So hopefully a good buy :)

Ray very kindly deciphered the mei to Matsugetsudo Tomoyoshi + Kao but I was wondering.. is that all the characters? Or is there any more to learn from it? Or does anyone have any information about the Smith? (asking as my Japanese reading ability is about 0% and I don't want to bug ray..😆

Thank you! :)

Screenshot_20210306_223742.jpg

Screenshot_20210306_223700.jpg

Screenshot_20210306_223721.jpg

Screenshot_20210306_223753.jpg

Screenshot_20210306_223619.jpg

Screenshot_20210306_223645.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray Singer said:

I believe the correct full reading is Matsugetsudo Tomoyoshi + Kao

Thanks Ray! :)

5 hours ago, kato said:

松月堂 友善(花押)  Syougetsudou Tomoyoshi(sign)

This is what is currently on sale at the auction Japan.

Thank you. 

43 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Now available in Japan (apparently) from Yahoo Auctions

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b489701022

Anyway, I would think the correct reading is Tomoyoshi, art name of Shōgetsu-dō

Hmm very strange, I have purchased them and paid for them😆 the ebay ad which Ray noted has been taken down so fingers crossed all is ok.. I said to Ray that I'm sure a few people have listed it trying to skim money off the top of the sale as always happens with yahoo auctions and ebay etc when it comes to. Japanese tosogu/nihonto. 

Fingers crossed its not a scam or something wrong, seller has thousands of positive feedback so 🤞😁 I hope I receive them as I love the FK set.. 

Screenshot_20210307_165450.jpg

1 hour ago, SteveM said:

Should be OK...It isn't the first time an item has appeared on multiple auction sites, as you noted. Nice piece, by the way. Good luck with it.  

Upon looking at it, I believe its the same seller by looking at the other items on his account so looks like he has forgotten to take the advert down😆🤞 and cheers, can't wait to get them😁

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..