Chicago Sword Show April 30-May 2 2021 update

I have been slower than usual promoting the show due to uncertainties with covid. I spoke with the Hotel today and they are optimistic (99% sure) I can have the show this year. States all around Illinois are opening up and they are waiting for the Governor to rescind some restrictions so they can have events like ours. I am not as sure as they are but i am cautiously optimistic.

As soon as i know for sure i will update the website immediately (www.chicagoswordshow.com). In the meantime I want to share this update as I have been getting a lot of inquiries about coming to the show. It seems there is a lot of pent up demand for a show.

Please note: If anyone does not feel comfortable coming,  i understand completely. There will be NO pressure from me to attend the show.  Everyone's health comes first.  If we do have the show I will enforce all health requirements and if anyone does not want to comply please stay home.

That being said I am working with the hotel and hope to use the large Ballroom on the mail floor to allow social distancing and better ventilation. I will update the website as we get closer.

I would recommend you make hotel reservations if you plan on coming, they can be cancelled if we don't have the show. Here is a link.
You can also click the link to reserve on my website.  I have a list of those who had tables reserved for last year's show (and those who paid and asked me to to apply it to next year).I will hold everyone's tables. Do not send money for table(s) until we know for sure.

As nothing is settled yet you are welcome to contact me but i won't have firm answers until the State relaxes the meeting limits. I will post changes/updates immediately on the website.

I attached a flyer you can print in case you can share it with others.

Fingers crossed

Mark Jones

2021flyer.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As of today April 1, 2021 the show is on.  It is moved into the large ballroom to allow social distancing.  Things could change but at current restrictions it complies.  If you are coming make a hotel reservation asap.....  No pressure from me just an update.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/CHIRW/G-JASW?src=envision_email_grpreserv_ENG_20201030_GroupBooking_TC000000170A000007762ENG_G-_28798

mark jones

Chicago Flyer 2021.jpg

I am very much looking for to attending the 2021 Chicago Area Japanese Collectibles and Sword Show and will have a full display table. Mark Jones, thank you very much for your efforts in promoting the show during this difficult pandemic. Mark S. looking forward to meeting you and other members of NMB in person at the show.    

usually i have about 90 tables, some dealers have more that one table, this year is a bit unusual, we will be in the big ballroom so room for more tables but with covid some regulars can't attend but some new people are coming. hard to know how many tables this year, maybe 80 or so.  The 3 days are different so hard to know about when to come or if all days, Monday everyone is searching for bargains and undiscovered treasures, Saturday there is usually a display/lecture etc. and sunday everyone looks for last day discounts and try to buy cheaply.  so you can do one day but for some there is something different every   Usually friday noon-6 and saturday 10-6 are busiest

I live locally... but for various reasons I’ve never done all 3 days of the show.  Main reason is Friday is Arbor Day and working in Urban Forestry, that day was taken up with ‘festivities’ at work.  COVID has put that on hold, so this year I’m doing all 3 days just for me.  It will be interesting to see how the show progresses each day.  I’m sure everyone will get tired of seeing me roaming around.  :)  Looking forward to it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Everything looking good for the show.  Hope to see you there. Table are social distanced, we will wear masks, hand sanitizer stations will be available. Looking forward to having the first show in over a year. 

• Thanks 2

I hope everyone can come !! Get the hell out of the house, have some fun see great stuff.... add some cool things to your collection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

really this will be a great show if you live in the mid-west come for the day it will be well worth it as Mark always does a great job 

if you don't fly in for a day AND SEE GREAT STUFF !!!

Fred    

• Like 1

The Chicago Sword show is starting soon. Looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and meeting new ones. A few saftey reminders: The hotel requires masks be worn in all common areas. I will have masks available for any that need them, I will have FDA class 3 surgical masks, N95, cloth and others. There will be hand sanitizing stations. The show is in the large ballroom and tables will be spread out (social distanced) and the air circulation fans will run during the show. Please remember when in the show and in line to maintain a safe social distance. We want the show to be enjoyable but also safe for all. Lets get ready for a great show. I hear that a number of exhibitors are bringing some very special items. A great chance to study and learn, but also add something special to you collection. See you all soon.
www.chicagoswordshow.com
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A great job and hats off to Mark for pulling off a show in record time with lots of changing restrictions and guidance. I flew up for the day and saw some friends, bought a couple of things. It was great to get out of the house after a year and interact with sword friends. 

• Thanks 2

Also forgot to mention that I heard from many sellers that there was apparently a bit of pent up demand and lots of activity and sales that occurred. I also heard that the tachi display that Mark did was great although I did not get to attend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mark has done a wonderful job putting on a show during difficult times.  Lots to see, lots of good people to talk to.  The tachi presentation was excellent, and the chance to see blades you wouldn’t have access to on many of the tables is a lecture in itself.  

I’m getting ready to head over for the last day of the show in a little while. I highly encourage anyone who is able to attend the show in the future... GO!

Thank you Mark, and all the dealers who came together to make this happen.  I know it wasn’t easy, but I am grateful for all your efforts.

To Mark:

:bowdown:

I am work and family duty Undead until at least May 15th, but I really look forward to attending the Chicago show again. I may be nailed down this year, but I will make a point to attend in 2022.

Thank you Mark for all that you do and have done.

Curran

• Thanks 2

Home ................................................BEST F'N SHOW EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark did a great job with the show everything was perfect, great to see all again was a pleasurer to see everyone from all over the US again had great stories and great laughs with the group 

Saw at least 20 new faces which was great 

Mark also as James said above a Tachi display ..one of them i was going to pack up put everything in the car and grab it and run like the wind ...well as fast as a fat guy can run !!! it was wonderful to see and study 

So I say we are back !!!!!

Thanks again Mark! 

I want to see everyone in San Fran  

Fred Geyer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..